Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Cry Of The Wolf

I look around me. Silence. The tall trees tower over me, and the moon shines bright. Cocking my ears, I listen for any sign of movement. I can sense something. Something dangerous was coming. Human footsteps. I’d better make a dash for it and warn my family, hiding in the bushes. No! My foolish sister assumes it is a deer and jumps out. Her eyes widen as she sees the gun, pointing at her face. She howls, calling for me and my brothers. We dare not go out to protect her. It would be the last of us. We can see up to ten hunters, maybe more.

I look at her pleading face, and she meets my eyes. I shake my mane slightly. She must pay the price for being so careless. I blink once and she hangs her head. The humans take the gun, aim and shoot. Blood explodes out of her body and I watch in silence. But for my brother it is too much. He will not tolerate this. He howls and the humans turn their attention to us. ‘Run’ I growl. We race through the forest, with the humans on our tails. Just as we reach our hideout, my brother’s dive inside our hole, but I turn back. I need to retrieve our sister’s body. But I was mistaken. There is one man there. I growl, but he aims his gun.

I may as well say my last words with pride. We wolves are the most noble creature’s on Earth, but we are vanishing. Do not let my brothers end up the same way I am ending. Please save us, dear children. Help us.

Deeksha Verendar
Grade 7B

1 comment:

Inventure Academy, Bangalore said...

Very well done Inventure Academy. Its just shows how you nurture individuality