Monday, April 13, 2009

Grade 3-Students Portfolios

Sky in My Pie

Waiter, there’s sky in my pie!
Remove it at once if you please.
I don’t want this wonderful scenery,
I ordered meatloaf and cheese.

I don’t care if the chef is an artist
Whose paintings are thought to be great,
I want my usual potatoes in gravy,
Not the universe heaped on my plate.

I don’t want green, minty forests
Or clouds all burnished with gold,
Your intricate breeze is disturbing the peas
And making my fries go all cold.

Okay, I’ll try just a bite,
I suppose I’ve got nothing to lose.
Mmmh.....the colours quite tickle the palette,
With a blend of delicate hues.

Freya S
Grade 3A

Swine Flu
It’s just as Dr.Jayanti said,
This virus is something new.
The disease is spread by flying pigs,
Because the swine flew!

If you search the sky at night,
Looking for the moon,
You might see a shadow with wings and a snout,
If you do you will surely swoon!


Freya S
Grade 3A

My World

A greenhouse is my heart,
Growing love and affection.
A landmark is my brain,
Leading me in the right direction.

The world is made of music,
Full of songs and notes.
Writing is also a part of it,
Brimming with stories and quotes.

Freya S
Grade 3A


Oysters

Do oysters sneeze
Beneath the seas?
Oysters are creatures
Without any features,
So how can they sneeze
Unless there's a breeze?
They’re without a purpose
Under the surface.

Freya S
Grade 3A

Water
Water, water what do you do?
I make life for all of you.
I'm in ponds and rivers too,
I'm the rain and morning dew.

Freya S
Grade 3A


Cypress Street

I took a walk on Cypress Street,
The hot sidewalk beneath my feet.
But when I got there, what did my eyes meet?
No cypresses left on Cypress Street!
So tell the mayor next time we meet
To name the place Concrete Street.


Freya S
Grade 3A

No comments: