Dear Inventure Community,
• Head of Education, Aga Khan Education Service (2004 – 2008)
• Principal, The Valley School, Bangalore Krishnamurti Foundation (1990 – 2004)
• Trustee: The Krishnamurti Foundation India (1998)
• Education Secretary: KFI (2000 – 2004)
• Member of the Standing Committee on Examinations of the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi (2001- 2004)
• She has received the National Award for Teachers from the President of India in 2001
Ms Sen has a B.Ed. (English and History) and Masters in English Literature (awarded gold medal), from Calcutta University. She has also trained in Effective School Management at Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur.
In her role as Principal, Ms. Sen will be overall responsible for converting into reality Inventure Academy’s core purpose and vision. More specifically, she will be responsible for the entire Academic function and day to day administration of Inventure Academy, including making actionable our school development plan and policies.
In this role, she will report to me in my capacity as the CEO & Managing Trustee of Inventure Academy. In a little over five years, Inventure Academy has grown from a start up to a tremendous success as evidenced by our many achievements, be it in academics, sports or co-curricular activities:
• We are ranked in the top 25 day schools all India in the September issue of the 2010 EducationWorld C-Fore survey
• Our academic results at the Grade 10 IGCSE & ICSE exams and in the ASSET tests
• Our various achievements in the sports arena at the inter school and all India levels
• Our excellence in inter school events across life skills, art, dance, music and drama events
With the growth that we have evidenced, the school management (headed up by me as the Managing Trustee) felt the need for a different kind of leadership and organization structure, one that would consolidate our talent – both faculty and student- and propel us forward to being one of the best schools in India in almost every way possible. I am confident that Ms. Sen shares our vision, and has the wisdom, and the expertise to make this happen.
We are delighted that Ms. Sen has accepted the role as she commands tremendous respect from every member of the learning community, at Inventure and beyond. I am sure you will join me in wishing her success and extending her every support in her new role.
Thanking you & best regards
Managing Trustee & CEO