Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going Down Memory Lane-Ms Varsha Saxena

It was in March 2005 when I was going through the newspaper that I saw the recruitment advertisement of Inventure Academy, it rung a bell. I had first heard of this school when they had come to my apartment complex to hold a children’s workshop. I recall I had felt that they had the commitment and the confidence to start the school and foster excellence in their students. Though I decided to apply for the job, I was not sure where I would fit in a school with my experience in Administration and Finance MBA background.

On 5th May, 2005 when I was in Hyderabad for a vacation I got a call from Inventure Academy asking me to come for an Interview. I got back in a couple of days and attended the interview. I remember sitting in the copper arch office quite nervous, not sure what to expect. I finally met Nooraine and Renu and thus my journey as Manager Administration and Finance with Inventure Academy began.

From day one, I felt comfortable and had a sense of belonging at Inventure. There has certainly been a lot of learning. Being a set up school, there were a lot of challenges and everybody was expected to chip-in whenever the need arose. Every time we overcame a challenge it gave us an immense sense of happiness and accomplishment.

One of the first challenges we faced was when we decided to start the classes at the Vydehi Institute, it was one big hall that we had to convert into classrooms… not an easy job but we managed to do it. Afterwards when we finally moved to our own campus it wasn’t exactly a bed of roses either. There were hiccups & hurdles every day, but working as a team makes achieving even the toughest task a breeze!

Why Inventure Academy for me? Firstly, it is my belief in the school, its core values and a management committed to everyone’s success. It is the attitude, the spirit of openness and sense of togetherness. It is the freedom to take decisions and the commitment from one and all that makes you feel that you belong to a one big family. To top it all, I enjoy and cherish my colleagues and the positive “can do” attitude that they bring to work with them every single day. It’s no wonder then that a school so young in age is on its way to maturing into one of the country’s finest institutions so fast.
When I see how happy the children are at our school it gives me the reassurance that we are doing something right here. No doubt, we still have miles to go… but I’m sure every step is going to take me, and the Inventure family one step closer to our pursuit of perfection!

Varsha Saxena
Head of Administration and Finance

No comments: