Friday, February 26, 2010

Suman Sridharan writes on what he missed on the sports field due to his unfortunate leg injury......

It's the end of the academic year and for sports in Inventure, this year has been packed. Inventure has been achieving on all fronts and the wins that our athletics, football, basketball teams are bringing back are solid proof. We had shared our victories in the Celebrations!!, a Power PointPresentation which reflected the accolades. For me this year hasn't been as active as I hoped due to my leg injury, and because of this I've been out of competition for the past 6 months.I miss the tingling in my gut just before I play, I miss the anxious first minutes of the game, I miss the feeling of competing with other people, and most of all I miss the joy of winning, but as the old school year goes out and the new one comes in I catch myself dreaming about the next tournament I participate in, I dream about which sport it is, how well I'm going to perform, how well my team is going to perform, and how much glory we as a team will reap in the coming year. Its me and my fellow 11th grader's final year and it would be great to win as much as possible, I hope we can set a standard for all future Inventurers, a goal to aim for and surpass, it has been an honor to be a part of this school, and I hope my contribution to setting an example for following batches in the field of sports is enough to repay my huge debt to this school.

Suman Sridharan,
Grade 11,
Sports Editor,
Media Pod

No comments: